Browse Items (4 total)

  • Tags: Morris County

Diamond Springs, Morris County

DiamondSprings.jpg
Diamond Springs first began as a supply point on the Santa Fe Trail, but proslavery forces destroyed it in 1863. After the Civil War, settlers from Illinois founded a new Diamond Springs about three miles south of the original site.

Wilsey and Helmick, Morris County

Helmick.jpg
The author used an accumulation of fragmented information collected from local contacts and historic documents to create a comparison between the twin towns of Wilsey and Helmick, Morris County, Kansas. She used census reports, plat maps,…

White City, Morris County

WhtCtyTopoMap.jpg
At the ridge of the Flint Hills in Morris County lies the rural community of White City, Kansas. Today, with 618 people, White City is still a viable community, but it bears little relation today to the regional consumer and mercantile center it…

Skiddy, Morris County

Skiddy Schoolhouse
There is very little information available pertaining to the disappearing railroad town of Skiddy, located in the extreme northwest corner of Morris County in Kansas. This paper draws from an article in the Council Grove Republican written by a 1936…